Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Snowman Wreath and Decking of the Halls

Do you want to know a secret? I can't ever say the word 'wreath' on the first try. I get wreath and reef mixed up for some reason and anytime I have to say the word 'wreath' for any reason at all, I end up taking a two second pause to think really hard before I speak. "Oh shoot, I don't want to sound like an idiot. Is it wreath or reef? Where is your Christmas Reef section? No that's not it. DARN YOU WREATH!" Seriously. This is the stuff that goes on in my head. I'm supposed to be an English major you know.

Woo. That felt good to get that off my chest. Anyway. I've been skipping out on the blog party for a while now because I have been up to my eye balls making bow tie dog collars. But I'm here! Just in time for my favorite subject of all, Decking the Halls DIY style! Christmas is really special to me. My mom has always called me her Christmas poster child and I've always been proud of that title. I always start the Christmas music way too soon and put away the decorations way too late. I just love this time of the year! I live in dumb ol Florida now though and that really puts a damper on my Christmas spirit. So I try my best to decorate my way through it. Here's what I ended up making for the next Dare to DIY challenge:


A snowman wreath! I wish I could say I thought of this idea by myself, but I don't really have the free time to be doing that right now. I found a similar wreath on Pinterest and I fell in love immediately. Joanns was having 60% off all their wreaths so I bought three, connected them with floral wire and dressed him up in stuff I already had around the house. Seriously I smile every time I get to the front door. 


Justin feels bad for making me fall in love with him, marrying me, and then making me live in Florida so he added some fake snow to the windows to make me feel a little more at home. It helped, a little.

Isn't that snowman wreath adorable?! I seriously wish I had come up the dang idea on my own. I will leave you with some Christmas decoration photos to end this already too long blog post. Can't wait to see everyone else's ideas!!!




                             Fla la la la la la la la LAAAAA. :) Merry Christmas from Hudson's House!
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Sigh. This is all beautiful. Just too merry for my own good.

    The snowman wreath is excellent. I loved the world before Pinterest. Because I swear to you, I made a snowman wreath for our duplex door in college. I'm sure I picked up the idea somewhere, but I'm feeling very ahead of my time. ;) Now, Pinterest would ruin that patting-myself-on-the-back tendency. Even when we think we have an original idea, someone on Pinterest has already done it. Drat.

    Regardless of that, your execution was flawless. And your fireplace and tree are dreamy.

    Thank you for linking up to Dare to DIY. Really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about with you about Pinterest. It's a blessing and a curse. I love it when I'm too lazy to come up with an idea on my own. But then when I slave away on something and feel so proud of it, I always see it on Pinterest because someone else did it first. GAH!

      Hey! Maybe your snowman wreath is what started it all!!! You never know. :)

      Thanks for your sweet compliments and for hosting such a fun blog party. I was glad to be apart! :)

      Delete
  2. Hudson melts my heart.

    Your wreath is adorable. I love the scarf. Nice tough.

    Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY slacker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I'm glad I could join in for half the party. Sucha slacker, I know.

      Thanks for hosting! Maybe next year I can join in on the whole party. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful wreath / and dog :) I love how warm and cozy your house looks. Love your orange chevron background as well.

    How did you get your dog to sit still with the Christmas lights on? Amazing :) Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katja!! :)

      I wish I had a real answer on how I get that silly dog to stay still for all the photos I take of him. But honestly, the dude just loves to pose! LOL

      Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Post Comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...